Hi everyone! In this week’s video I talk a bit about the climate, my experience and what others can do to lower their impact. I’m far from perfect but I find this an important topic to talk about.
So be sure to watch this video first, then you can read some more info in this blogpost. I’ve read some webpages (including one from NASA) and I’ll write some things I remembered here.
How do we know climate change is happening?
Since the late 19th century, the average temperature has rissen by 0,9 Degrees Celsius. Most of the warming happened in the past 35 years. The oceans have also become warmer. Antartica lost about 127 billion tons of ice per year between 1993 and 2016. Glaciers are disappearing everywhere around the world and much more (like more frequent extreme natural disasters). You can read the full article here.
If you don’t know what this means, they explain it on this page. You can learn more about it on their website.
The five R’s of zero waste
1. Refuse: This is the first thing you should consider. If you don’t need it you shouldn’t buy it.
2. Reduce: Try to live a more minimalistic life. Buy less clothes, less accessoires, less books (this is a hard one for me tho, haha), your overall consumption,…
3. Reuse: Don’t use disposable items! You can buy various reusable items at waste free stores or online.
4. Repurpose: If you have something lying around that you don’t use, give it to someone else or give another purpose to it. If you don’t fit in a cute t-shirt anymore you could get creative and turn it in a pillow for example.
5. Recycle: After all those options, make sure to separate your trash and recycle it.
6. (okay there is a sixth one) Rot: If things are compostable, make sure they rot.
If you want to get more tips you can visit this page.
That’s it for today. I hoped you learned something and join me on this movement to a better planet. Be sure to follow us on Youtube and Instagram. Sign up for our newsletter here. See you next time, byebye!